Bryant Real Estate has been family owned and operated for more than 60 years and we ARE your best choice when it comes to choosing a firm in your next real estate transaction. In the past 10 years the industry has seen an influx of new technologies that have disrupt the traditional real estate model. We believe this disruption has only strengthened the boutique real estate firm’s strategic advantage over their large corporate rivals, and we believe we are the best choice when it comes to boutique firms.
Why work with a boutique firm over a “goliath” firm?
The first question any seller or buyer should ask themselves is whether they want to work with a “goliath” firm or a boutique firm. We firmly believe in the “client relationship first” boutique approach over the “small fish in a big sea” approach of the goliath firms. Listed below are the reasons why you should go small when making your next real estate decision.
- Big used to matter but it doesn’t anymore. In the past, real estate firms used to brag about how many deals they were a part of as if their size was a competitive advantage; however, this was occurring through a bit of deceit. Large firms used to get listings for homes to sell and “sit on them”. This means the firm would refrain from publishing your home as being available to the open market while they shopped for buyers internally to the company giving them an advantage to be a part of more transitions. Fortunately for the public regulation has stepped up to prevent this practice.
- The internet sells your home – not the large firm. The internet is the source of purchasing/selling a home in over 90% of transactions with the advent of technology and the accessibility of listings to the general public. In these transactions the photos and property descriptions are the most highly weighted elements with over 80% deeming them very useful. The real estate firm does not sell your home. It doesn’t matter who lists your home as long as a Realtor lists your property, it will be added to the MLS and as a result show up on every major search engine, “goliath” firm, and boutique firm alike; in addition, print ads no longer matter. When it comes to who is your agent – the most important criteria is relationship. Will you be one of many the firm and that agent serves, or will you be part of the select few of a boutique firm?
- A boutique firm gives 1:1 attention. At a large firm you might sign up with one agent, and be tossed around to various “greenhorns” or “newbies”. This is a classic “bait and switch” tactic. The goliath’s market this as you have a “team” behind you, but in reality it means that one agent is great at closing deals (getting you to sign a contract) and has a team of less experienced agents to do the grunt work. This maximizes the value for large real estate firms. At Bryant – we are focused on clients first. You will work with one of our experienced and highly selected agents to assist you in closing the best transaction for you.
These are some of the many reasons for why you should choose a boutique firm over one of our larger competitors. What we find is once you have worked with a team of our caliber you will see the value of our approach. Don’t be sold by the flashy commercials that try to get you to list with the big firms – think about what you value, what is important to you, and who can best serve your needs.
So you have chosen to work with a boutique firm, but why should you pick Bryant Real Estate over the other options?
For starters – congrats on making a decision that will ensure your interests are put first! There are many great boutique firms in the area, but none are as uniquely positioned to provide exceptional value to you as Bryant Real Estate.
- History matters when choosing a boutique firm. You want to make sure you are working with a focused local company with a long history of excellent performance. You do not want to start with the unknown of a new firm on the block because real estate is such a large investment. Bryant Real Estate was established in 1952 and is now operating under its third generation. This is a testament to the quality of service we have provided for over 60 years and will outperform for the next 60 years to come!
- Another concern is whether or not the boutique firm is well rounded. You do not want to work with one person for a sale and then have to develop a new relationship for purchasing, let alone a different one for long term rental management or vacation rentals. Why not work with one firm and get the best bundled rates available in the industry?! At Bryant Real Estate we offer services in every dimension or real estate and we are here to serve you, the customer, first. It is uncommon to find a boutique firm like Bryant Real Estate that does it all, and we see significant value in that.
- Lastly, you should only work with a firm with experienced agents who put your needs first. At Bryant Real Estate we focus on only hiring and retaining the very best when it comes to our agents. Our agents go through a rigorous evaluation process to ensure they align with our long term and client first focus. They come from a diverse background with specialties in new construction, relocation, large renovations, commercial, multi-dwelling residential, 1031 tax exchanges, and so much more. No matter what you are looking for we have an agent that fits your needs and will put your needs and interests first!